Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Detox Water - Starting the New Year Off Clean

First, I'm putting a caveat on this entry - this is not intended to be a crash diet, a la "The Master Cleanse."  This is meant to be consumed with food [food with with high nutritional content, drinking it with a Big Mac won't really do a whole lot for you].

Okay, now that I've got that out of the way, let's get back to my detox water.  If you like tart flavors like I do, you may actually think it tastes pretty good, which I consider to be a definite plus in consuming anything.  It makes a great accompaniment to any cleanse and being the time of year that many of us are looking for a fresh start, I wanted to share my recipe.

Detoxifying Cleanse Water

2 liters filtered water
1 meyer lemon
1 inch of peeled, grated ginger root
2 slices of peeled cucumber
10 torn mint leaves
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

- Cut your lemon in half, reserve three thin slices and squeeze the remainder of the lemon
- In a large pitcher, combine all ingredients and allow to steep for a minimum of six hours [preferably overnight]

No comments:

Post a Comment